Faeryl Womyns Cottage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Faeryl Womyns Cottage

A place for all that is me with sections for the various parts of my life. These include Graphic Art, CGI, Writing, Spirituality, Crafts, Cooking, and many other things.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome To Faeryl Womyn's Cottage...Enjoy Your Stay

About Owning Land...Do Your Research

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Faeryl Womyn
Admin
Faeryl Womyn

About Owning Land...Do Your Research Empty
PostSubject: About Owning Land...Do Your Research   About Owning Land...Do Your Research EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 6:40 am

I have done some checking into owning land around the Okanagan Valley. It's an expensive place to live, ridiculously so. However, there are places to buy homes, land, whatever that are more reasonable. One thing I found out is that if you own land, and have a home on wheels or some way of moving it so it's not permanent, then you don't pay property taxes. Good news considering the government is well known for charging way to much for anything you own.

It's important where you buy land, such as inside or outside city limits. The reason for this has to do with police, fire and ambulance, since they only go to the city/town limits, you are out of luck even if you are only a few feet from the boundary marker.

I also found out that a large section of this valley has uranium underground and that makes for bad land for anything, so it pays to do research on what is going on above and below the land you are interested in.
Back to top Go down
https://faerylwomynscottage.canadian-forum.com

About Owning Land...Do Your Research
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Faeryl Womyns Cottage :: A Way Of Life :: Buying A Home Or Land To Build Your Own-
Jump to: